Medications Forms and Policies

Medications on Campus

Only those medications that are necessary for student's medical care and need to be given during school hours will be administered at school. Emergency medications that are needed for known medical conditions may be stored at school but the appropriate medical condition packets must be completed.

The school will NOT provide any medications, including Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Parents must provide all medication to the health room and complete the medication authorization permit which includes a doctor’s signature/order.

Medication must be in the original container and labeled with the student's name. Prescription medication must have the prescription label attached with the doctor's name on the label. The doctor must be licenses in Texas.

medications that cannot be identified in the "Physician's Desk Reference" cannot be given at school. This includes medicine form other countries, herbs, loose medicine in envelopes or baggies and different kinds of pills in a single container.

Students are not allowed to self-carry and self-administer ANY medications while on campus EXCEPT for EpiPens or Inhalers ant those MUST HAVE doctor's approval to self-carry and self-administer. The appropriate medical condition packets must be completed and on file in the health room as well.

Medication Authorization Permit


 All medications including over the counter must have a doctor's order.